WELCOME TO TRAIL LIFE, COME AND JOIN US
If your son would like to be a part of our troop, the first step would be to come and visit us when we have a regular meeting. Please go to the CALENDAR page to see when we are having one. We usually meet the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month at Chesapeake Christian Fellowship church in Davidsonville from 6:00pm to 7:30pm
The next step would be to sign up. You can do that by one of two ways. You can sign up at a troop meeting where we will have sign-up sheets for you. Or, the other way is to do it here. Go to the CONTACT US page and in the message box, please provide the following information:
- Parent's first and last name
- Parent's phone number
- Boy's fist and last name
- Boy's age
- Boy's date of birth
Afterwards, you will receive two emails. An email welcoming you to Trail Life USA and our Troop and an email inviting you to register your son or sons on to Trail Life Connect. This is where you put in all their information such as age, Patrol level/group, etc.
There are five Troop Levels in Trail Life. It is all based on the age of the child. If you are not sure which Level to place your son or sons in, please refer to the following:
FOXES - 5 years old by 10/31
HAWKS - 7 years old by 10/31
MOUNTAIN LIONS - 9 years old by 10/31
NAVIGATORS- 11 years old by 10/31
ADVENTURERS - 14 years old by 10/31 (note: the program ends once a boy has reached the age of 18)
THE SEVEN ESSENTIALS
Please do ALL the following Essential items listed to complete the Membership Process:
1. Please fill out our Troop RELEASE FORM. You can print it out, fill it out, scan it, and then email it to us. email@example.com. Please click on the title below to access the Release Form.
LIABILITY RELEASE FORM [click here]
2. A copy of your son's or sons' health care card(s). You can simply scan it and email it to us.
3. You will need to get your son or sons a Trailman Handbook so they know what it is to be a Trailman, the achievement process, and to track their progress throughout the years.
There are two kinds. One for Woodlands (Foxes, Hawks, and Mountain Lions), and one for Navigators and Adventurers.
Here are the links to both of them:
WOODLANDS TRAIL HANDBOOK [click here]
NAVIGATOR/ADVENTURER HANDBOOK [click here]
4. We need your permission to post pictures of your son on social media platforms such as Facebook and the Trail Life USA website. Please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and indicate if we have your permission to post pictures that we may occasionally take with your son in them.
5. Please email back with your son's or sons' shirt size(s). Shirt sizes come in the following:
Youth Small, Youth Medium, Youth Large, Adult Small, etc.
This t-shirt is not the official uniform, but is special and unique to our troop. NOTE: These t-shirts are given once you have paid the Troop MD 1776 fee to us.
If you would like to purchase the official Trail Life uniform you can absolutely do so. NOTE: Any family that makes such a purchase will be given a free Troop MD 1776 Patch to sew onto their official uniform.
OFFICIAL TRAIL LIFE UNIFORM(S) [click here]
6. Please pay the Troop MD 1776 fee to us of $65 for each son through the Chesapeake Christian Fellowship website (CCF). NOTE: please go to FEES to know how to pay the Troop fee.
7. Please complete the membership process and pay the $33.25 fee to the Trail Life USA organization through your Trail Life Connect account. NOTE: you should have received an invite email from our Troop to gain access to your TLC account.
For information about all Fees and how to pay, please go to the FEES page.
Any member of Troop MD 1776 who has not attended any of our meetings, including Hit the Trail events, and who has not contacted us for at least three months straight will have their status as a Trailman deactivated. It will automatically be assumed by the Leaders that the member is no longer interested or is unable to be a part of our troop for whatever reason.
To find out more about the programs, please hover over the "INFORMATION" tab at the top menu bar. There you will find information of how each program works, what Trail Life is all about, who our Leaders are, and some information about our sister program of American Heritage Girls.