READY TRAILMAN RANK
Prerequisite: Earn the Able Trailman Rank..
TRAIL BADGE WORK:
- Complete the nine required Trail Badges: Aquatics, Camping, Fire Ranger, First Aid, Our Flag, Outdoor Cooking, Ropework, Tail Skills, and Woods Tools.
- Earn a total of at least five elective Trail Badges of your choice (click) These can be published Elective Trail Badges or Design Your Own Badge) since joining as a Navigator. (Note: The Horizon Required Trail Badges cannot be earned in the Navigators program). Record these on the Badge Completion Chart on page 78 of your Handbook and have each one signed by your mentor.
- Complete 15 hours of service for each year as a Navigator. Record your hours on the service chart in your Handbook (page 79) and have them verified by an adult.
- Maintain a level of Troop meeting attendance acceptable to your Advisor (typically 60% or better).
- Participate in at least 16 Troop activities since becoming a Navigator, not including regular meetings. Record each activity (trips, camp, community outings, etc.) on the activity chart in your Handbook (page 80) and have them verified by an adult.
Since earning the Able Trailman Rank, complete one of the following leadership options:
- Serve as a Junior Patrol Leader for a minimum of six months. Record this on page 81 of your Handbook and have it verified by a leader.
- At five Troop meetings or outings, demonstrate your leadership ability by planning and instructing Recruit or Able Trailmen in significant Ready Trailmen required Trail Badge skills approved by your Trailmaster or Trail Guide. Record these on page 81 of your Handbook and have them verified by a leader.
- At five Troop meetings or outings, demonstrate your leadership ability by planning and instructing a Woodlands Trail group in significant skills approved by your Trailmaster or Trail Guide and the Woodlands Trail Ranger. Record these on page 81 of your Handbook and have them verified by a leader.
WORTHY LIFE AWARD:
- Complete the Navigators Worthy Life Award (click). Requirements and Signature Pages are on pages 84 through 90 of your Handbook.
MARK YOUR PROGRESS:
- Successfully complete an Advancement Conference.
- Successfully complete a Board of Review
Have your Trailmaster, Trail Guide, Troopmaster, and Board of Review Members sign and date the Ready Trailman Rank Advancement Conference and Board of Review Signature Pages on pages 82 and 83 of your Handbook.