ABLE TRAILMAN RANK
Prerequisite: Earn the Recruit Trailman Rank..
TRAIL BADGE WORK:
- Complete any four of the nine Trail Badges required for the Ready Trailman Rank: Aquatics, Camping, Fire Ranger, First Aid, Our Flag, Outdoor Cooking, Ropework, Tail Skills, and Woods Tools.
- Earn an additional three Trail badges of your choice. You can choose from the remaining badges required for Ready Trailman, or from the published Elective Trail Badges (click), or Design Your Own Badges. (Note: The Horizon Required Trail Badges cannot be earned in the Navigators program). Record these on the Badge Completion Chart on page 71 of your Handbook and have each one signed by your mentor.
- Complete 15 hours of service for each year since joining Navigators. Record your hours on the service chart in your Handbook (page 72) and have them verified by an adult.
- Maintain a level of Troop meeting attendance acceptable to your Advisor (typically 60% or better).
- Participate in at least 8 Troop activities since becoming a Navigator, not including regular meetings. Record each activity (trips, camp, community outings, etc.) on the activity chart in your Handbook (page 73) and have them verified by an adult.
MARK YOUR PROGRESS:
- Successfully complete an Advancement Conference.
- Successfully complete a Board of Review
Have your Trailmaster, Trail Guide, Troopmaster, and Board of Review members sign and date the Able Trailman Rank Advancement Conference and Board of Review Signature Pages are on pages 74 - 75 of your Handbook.